Why support us?
Today, only 20% of tech jobs are held by women. Diversity can drive innovation and we’re on a
mission to inspire more women to build careers in tech.
Women and diversity first
Kal Academy is a registered 501©(3) nonprofit coding academy. With the help of our partners, we are committed to bringing marketable technical skills to women and underrepresented minorities through unique, effective, fast, and affordable technology training and job placement services.
- Our classes are taught by industry professionals with 45 years of combined experience in the technology field.
- Our instructors have Master’s degrees in computer science and have won several awards, both in the engineering field and as educators.
- We have successfully trained and placed 200+ women and minority groups in top technology companies over the years.
Our goals and ambitions for 2019
- Train and place an additional 100 women and people of color in engineering roles.
- Grow our team of passionate instructors and teacher assistants.
- Organize campus recruiting events with corporate partners.
Become a Partner
Hire a Grad
Make today’s best-trained, most diverse tech talent a part of your team! Kal Academy grads are passionate about software development, fully prepared and ready to contribute to your business from day-one.
As technology changes, so does Kal Academy. That’s why we’re in constant need of hardware, software, classroom space, and tools to keep up with growing demands. Every donation helps women and underrepresented minorities change their lives. This year’s goal: $30,000.
Collaborate & Volunteer
Interested in developing a course with us for the benefit of your business? Want to have your company officially sponsor the Academy? Have some expertise or time to share? We’d love to hear from you! At this time, our greatest needs are: business development consultants, social media marketing consultants, instructors, and teaching assistants.