How much will it cost me to enroll in a bootcamp? ▼
- $2,500. That’s tens of thousands of dollars less than the average Seattle area Bootcamp. In order to offer such discounted classes, tuition, once paid, is non-refundable. Reserving your spot in these in-demand classes often means taking that spot away from another prospective student.
How much are individual classes? ▼
- $420. In order to offer such discounted classes, tuition, once paid, is non-refundable. Reserving your spot in these in-demand classes often means taking that spot away from another prospective student.
Why is non-profit Kal Academy so much more affordable than other coding schools? ▼
- It’s part of our mission to bridge the technology skills gap between women/underrepresented minorities and the software development field. We exist for people, not profit.
What sort of jobs and salaries do graduates get? ▼
- Our students land an entry level Software Engineer or Full stack web developer jobs with an average salary of $75K per year.
How will lessons prepare me for a job? ▼
- Our curriculum is the result of very close collaboration with today’s top IT companies. We know the precise skills they’re looking for in job candidates so we can make sure you’re well trained. Plus, our interview prep courses cover all the bases: our students often ace their interviews and get multiple job offers.
Is it really possible that after just 16 weeks I can land a job as a software developer? ▼
- It’s not only possible, it’s probable! Our job placement success is 85%.
What is Akshayya’s affiliation with the acclaimed Kal Academy? ▼
- Akshayya is the parent company of Kal Academy. All classes are run by Kal Academy, bringing you world-class curriculum, 5-star instructors, and valuable certifications.
When and where do classes meet, and how long are they? ▼
- Generally, classes meet on Saturday and/or Sunday for 1 hour at our Redmond, WA location: 2757 152nd Ave NE. For specific dates/times, browse the class calendar.
I have a job and can’t take time off from work to attend. Is that a problem? ▼
- No problem at all. Most of our students have full-time jobs. That’s why we hold our classes on weekends.
How much homework can I expect? ▼
- In order to keep actual class time conveniently brief, 5 or 10 hours of homework are assigned per lesson. This way, you can practice key concepts you’ve learned in class whenever you find yourself with a little spare time during the week.
What happens if I miss a class? ▼
- Not an issue. You can participate in live lessons via web & video conferencing. Plus, all lessons (except our technical interview prep class) are recorded and available for students on Youtube.
Who should apply? ▼
- We encourage women and underrepresented minorities from all walks of life to apply. Come to Kal Academy, whether you have zero tech skills … are returning to the workforce after a long hiatus to raise your family … changing careers … have many years of experience and are looking to brush up on current technology … or need to prepare for a technical interview.
What is the application process? ▼
- Simply complete this quick application at least 1 week prior to the start of the class you’d like to attend. We’ll contact you in less than 2 days regarding the status of your application. And once accepted, we’ll email you with class registration info and next steps.
I literally have no tech experience. Will I feel lost? ▼
- On the contrary, you’ll fit right in. If you read through our 5-star Yelp reviews, you’ll see that the innovative teaching methods make it easy for absolute newbies to grasp even the most complex concepts.
I have years of coding experience, but need to stay current. Is your training right for me? ▼
- Yes, absolutely. There are Bootcamps and individual classes that will give you the specific skills you need right now to meet your career goals. Browse classes here.